Veteran's Preference

Crow Wing County awards veterans' preference points to qualified veterans and spouses of deceased or disabled veterans in accordance with Minnesota State Statute 197.447.


  • You must be a United States citizen or a resident alien.
  • You have separated under honorable conditions from any branch of the armed forces for the United States.
  • You have service on active duty for 181 consecutive dates or by reason of disability incurred while on active duty, or for a full period ordered to active duty, or have separated by reason of disability incurred while service on active duty.
  • You are the spouse of a deceased or disabled veteran.

Veterans Must:

  • Complete an application form for the position you are applying for.
  • Provide a legible copy of a DD214 Discharge Form.
  • Provide formal documentation regarding disability from Veterans Administration, if you are claiming disabled status.

All forms must be submitted by the job closing date via attachment on application, mail, hand delivery, email or fax:

Crow Wing County Human Resources
326 Laurel Street, Suite 12
Brainerd, MN 56401
Email Human Resources
Fax: 218-822-7031