Long-Term Care (LTC) Services
LTC services include:
- Skilled nursing facility care you receive when you reside in a nursing facility.
- Services covered by any home and community-based waiver programs, such as Elderly Waiver (EW) program.
Elderly Waiver (EW)
The EW program funds home and community-based services for people age 65 and older who are eligible for Medical Assistance (MA) and require the level of care provided in a nursing home but choose to live in the community.
Alternative Care (AC)
The AC program is a state-funded cost-sharing program that supports certain home- and community-based services for eligible Minnesotans age 65 and older. This program provides home- and community-based services to prevent and delay transitions to nursing facility level of care. The program prevents the impoverishment of eligible seniors and shares the cost of care with clients by maximizing use of their own resources. It is administered by counties and tribal health agencies.
An Asset Assessment is a list of all assets owned by a married couple on a certain date. A county worker uses the information to decide the amount of assets a person's spouse can keep. The amount of assets will not county toward the asset limit for the person applying for Medical Assistance payment of long-term care (LTC) services. LTC services include nursing home care and services through the Elderly Waiver (EW) or Alternative Care (AC) program.
- Come into our agency located at 204 Laurel St. Brainerd, MN 56401 to pick up an application. Our agency is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. An interview is not required, but are be offered Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Call our agency at 218-824-1250 to request a paper application be mailed to you.
- Print an application and complete it by hand and submit to our agency by one of the following methods:
To contact our Long Term Care Unit for more information please call 218-824-1250 or toll free at 888-772-8212