Currently Hold License
If you currently hold a tobacco license for your establishment, your license expires December 31 at Midnight. You will need to complete the E-license renewal application by November 15 to ensure that your license will continue in force.
Note: You will need your user identification (ID) and password to renew:
- Tobacco license application (click on "Renew Existing")
- All Real Estate taxes must be paid current
- Fee is $75 per license
- Only 1 license per application
You will need to have the following information in order to apply for the license:
- State and federal tax identification numbers
- Minnesota Worker's Compensation information
Renewal Notifications & licenses
All renewal notices will be sent via email. If your email address changes during the license period, please contact our office for instructions on how to update your email address in the licensing program.
Applying for a New License
E-licensing instructions for new applicants:
- Click on the above "Tobacco license application"
- Click on "Start New" not "Renew Existing" under Tobacco License
- Click on "Sign Up"; enter your email address and create a password of your choice.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- A confirmation notice will be sent to the email address you provided.
- You must open the email and click on the confirmation link in order to access the application.
- Your login and password will be saved for future applications
The approved license will be sent via email to the address provided; you must print the license and then post for display in your establishment.