Who pays for services in home or community living settings?
Medical Assistance or the Alternative Care Program may help pay for the care you receive in your home or in other community living settings if you meet what are called “level of care requirements” in addition to financial eligibility requirements. Level of care requirements mean that you must have certain kinds of needs, and need certain kinds of services before Medical Assistance or state-funded programs will pay for your long-term care services.
For people who meet the above requirements, home and community based services are available under several programs such as Alternative Care, Elderly Waiver, and Consumer Alternatives for Disabled Individuals and Brain Injured.

Show All Answers

1. What is a Long Term Care Consultation?
2. Who pays for long term care services?
3. Who pays for services in home or community living settings?
4. What is a Rule 25?
5. Can you find housing for people who are homeless? With CD issues? With Mental Illness?
6. Do you need to make an appointment to see a Mental Health Intake Worker?
7. Why would someone need to be committed?
8. What is Rule 79?
9. Why do some people receive Rule 79 services and some do not?
10. What is Medicare?
11. What is Managed Care for seniors?
12. What is MSHO for seniors?
13. What is MSC plus for seniors?
14. I have a question that isn't included in this list.